NEOC/CSU: Rocky Woods (Medfield, MA)
Sunday, September 25, 2022, 10:00am - 12:00pm
White, Yellow, Orange, Brown, Green, Red
Map Scale:1:10000 (Orange, Green, Red)
1:7500 (White, Yellow, Brown)
Lots of courses to choose from, beautiful woods, a covered pavilion and a lovely grassy field for socializing, or even a post-race picnic. How can you resist? This in-person event is also the first in the 2022 Fall Point Series.
• Berman's Orienteering Supply (bermansosupply.com) will be at the event to help you "kit up" for the season ahead.
Meet Director: Kristin Hall
- Volunteer with our great event crew:Link here.
- Members Orienteer Free
- Non-members:$10 adult, $5 juniors (7-21 yrs), < 7 free. Family max of $25.
- Groups: Fee: $20 plus $2 per person. See group information below.
- Parking Fees: $6 payable at kiosks, credit cards only. Free for members of Trustees of Reservations.
- SI timing device: $10 rental, or $15 purchase; available at registration.
NEW! Payment at event registration table (Paypal, GooglePay, ApplePay, Venmo and credit card accepted).
On-site Registration and Payment
- Members with a club-registered SI timing device proceed to the computer table to select a course and register. No phone needed. NEW! If your SI device is not registered, then register on-site with a smart phone or volunteer.
- Members who want to use QR code for timing: Go to registration table to scan registration QR code and to get a map.
- Non-members: Register and pay at registration table. You can use QR code timing (need smartphone), your own SI device, or rent or purchase SI device for timing. Bring a smart phone for registration & timing (if using QR codes). Volunteers can assist you with registering if you don't bring a smart phone.
Timing Device and Compass
- Time yourself by using a SI device or QR codes (with smartphone).
- Bring your own compass. If you forgot one, check at the registration desk.
- Bring a whistle with you on the course. Grab one from the event Registration table if you don’t have one.
- Masks optional.
- Scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find all the checkpoints or just decided to stop) or check in at the computer station so we know that you are off the course.
Water and Food
- Bring your own water to the event and carry it on the course, if needed.
- Groups must pre-register by Tuesday before the event by contacting the meet director. Maps cannot be guaranteed for unregistered groups.
- Provide information on the anticipated number of participants and if you are bringing a bus or van to the event. Special parking requirements may be required by the venue.
- Loan of compasses and SI-devices are included with group rates.
- Group leaders should pick up maps at the registration table.
- All group participants need to sign a waiver (either on-line at in-person registration or in advance).
Rocky Woods Reservation
35 Hartford St. (approx.)
The entrance to Rocky Woods is on the west side of Hartford St., about 1/2 mile north of Main St. (Rt. 109).
Note: There is a $6 per car parking fee for visitors who are not members of The Trustees. Please pay for parking at the kiosks in the parking lot (credit cards only, Visa or MasterCard), and place receipt on your dashboard.
See who's coming to this event from MeetUp.