NEOC: Introduction to Orienteering, Auburndale - (Newton, MA)
Saturday, March 26, 2022, 10:00am - 02:00pm
Auburndale Park & Flowed Meadow Conservation Area
Introduction to Orienteering - THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL!!
You can still do the Auburndale BYOM March 26-April 3 by downloading & printing your own maps, but we have no more space available for those wanting instruction.
ONE DAY ONLY: Saturday, March 26, 10:00am - 2:00pm
Brand new to orienteering? Always wondered what to do with a map & compass? This introductory event will offer a training session every 15 minutes. Sessions will last about 45 minutes.
Free for NEOC members.
Non-members are $10 for an individual or family. Organized groups are $20+$2 per person.
Help needed! Volunteer to help with registration, instruction, control hanging or pickup - here.
Register for "Introduction to Orienteering"
Complete steps 1 & 2
Printed maps will be available for those who register for instruction.
All participants will receive free access to maps for BYOM Auburndale Park, March 26-April 3.
Please park at the large lot (free of charge) at 104 W. Pine St.
Items to Bring With You
- Maps: Printed maps will be available at the registration table for folks who registered for instruction.
- Compass, if you have one. (Loaners will be available.) A simple works very well for orienteering.
- Water & snacks. No water is available on the course.
- Mask optional
- Cell phone with web access - to be used for on-site registration and scanning QR codes at each control point. You may also want to bring a backup battery, especially if it’s cold.
(Alternative: Time yourself with a watch and submit your result(s) at Registration.)
- Please be respectful of other park users. Masks optional.
- Report any missing controls / QR codes or any other issues to the event director.
- Dogs must be leashed.
- Please scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find them all or just decided to stop) so we know you are off the course.
- Due to COVID, no public restrooms will be available.
104 W. Pine St.