THIS EVENT WILL BE RUN ON AN UPDATED MAP!
- Consider volunteering with the event crew!
Parking can be found behind the medical facility located at 3 Woodland Ave Stoneham, MA as indicated in the map on this page. Look for the NEOC banner located at a trail head directly across from the parking area. The trail will lead you to the NEOC registration and computer tables. Registration will be located approximately here along the west side of the road labelled as New England Sana Acc on Google Maps.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO TOILETS ON-SITE.
White (8 Controls, 1.5 km, 15 m climb)
Long White (12 Controls, 2.4 km, 35 m climb)
Yellow (12 Controls 2.2 km, 65 m climb)
Orange (11 Controls, 3.2 km, 125 m climb)
Brown (11 Controls, 3.7 km, 140 m climb)
Green (14 Controls, 4.6 km, 170 m climb)
Red (17 Controls, 5.5 km, 220 m climb)
- Members Orienteer Free
- Non-members:$10 adult, $5 juniors (7-21 yrs), < 7 free. Family max of $25.
- Groups: Fee: $20 plus $2 per person. See group information below.
- Parking Fees:Free at this event.
- SI rental ($5)
Payment at event registration table (Paypal, GooglePay, ApplePay, Venmo and credit card accepted). Cash also accepted.
On-site Registration and Payment
- Members with a SI timing device that they have registered with the club should choose a course and then go to the computer table to register.
- Members with a SI device that is not registered with the club, should choose a course and then go to the registration table and scan the registration QR code (volunteers can help).
- Members who want to use QR code for timing: Choose your course and go to registration table to scan the registration QR code.
- Non-members: Register and pay at registration table. You can use QR code timing (need smartphone), your own SI device, or rent a SI device ($5) for timing. Bring a smart phone for registration & timing (if using QR codes). Volunteers can assist you with registering if you don't bring a smart phone.
Timing Device and Compass
- Time yourself by using a SI device or QR codes (with smartphone).
- Bring your own compass. If you forgot one, check at the registration desk.
- Bring a whistle with you on the course. Grab one from the event Registration table if you don’t have one.
- Scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find all the checkpoints or just decided to stop) or check in at the computer station so we know that you are off the course.
- Bring your own water to the event and carry it on the course, if needed.
- Groups must pre-register by Tuesday before the event by contacting the meet director. Maps cannot be guaranteed for unregistered groups.
- Provide information on the anticipated number of participants and if you are bringing a bus or van to the event. Special parking requirements may be required by the venue.
- Loan of compasses and SI-devices are included with group rates.
- Group leaders should pick up maps at the registration table.
- All group participants need to sign a waiver either on-line at in-person registration or in advance.
Park behind the large medical office building at 3 Woodland Road. Look for O-signs.
Do not park at the Life Care Center on the south side, or by the condos.