CHECK BACK THURSDAY EVENING (MAY 11) FOR FINAL UPDATES (just in case).
Questions: Contact Wendy -
What is on offer?: Training activities for all levels at DCR Pearl Hill State Park.
- Intermediate/Advanced: Mix & match from 2 training courses on Sat. ~ 6km in all.
- Beginner: Beginner training with fun activities and courses available.
Time: Training activities start at 10 am.
- Beginners: Meet Wendy J at 10 am in field. Training from 10 am - 12 pm.
- Intermediate: Meet Ali C in field for Instruction at 10am.
- Advanced: Meet Ali C to go over training goals for advanced orienteers at 10:30am.
12:30 pm will be a BYO picnic lunch for all and discussion of training courses for intermediate and advanced. Bring a chair or blanket.
The training courses will remain up and maps available until 4pm when controls will start to be collected. The maps will be left in a clear plastic bin in the meet-up field.
Parking Location: DCR Pearl Hill State Park, 105 New Fitchburg Rd, Townsend, MA 01474.
Meet-up Location: In open field west of parking. You pass this field to get to the individual camping area. Group camping is located at 45 Vinton Pond Road, Townsend, MA.
Pre-registration required at: https://eventreg.orienteeringusa.org/eventregister/a40/register/start/2023-billygoat-training. Cost: $10 (Adult), $5 (Junior/Youth). Registration closes May 11.
Group Camping reserved on-site for 50. See Billygoat Event page for more information on camping and the 43rd Quasi-Annual Billygoat event on Sunday. There will also be a white, yellow and orange course available for recreation runners on Sunday.