To Sunday, July 09, 2023 - 05:00pm
- Yellow: controls are near trailsIntermediate: Recommended for most intermediate and advanced orienteersAdventure: 4 additional controls in thick vegetation, or not double checked in the field; this course is not recommended for advanced orienteers who like certainty.
Use QR-code automated timing or self-time and manually record your result (see Time Your Run below).
Please take note of your start time. Cell service in the park may be spotty, requiring you to report your time.
Start & Finish QR codes, as well as some printed maps and instructions, will be in the small building or kiosk at the northwest edge of the main parking lot, which is on the right as you enter the park.
There are three Score-O maps:
- Yellow: controls are near trails. 1 point each.
- Intermediate: 5 additional more challenging controls worth 2 points. Recommended for most intermediate and advanced orienteers.
- Adventure: 4 additional controls (3 points) that will feel more like an adventure race—they are in thick vegetation, or not double-checked in the field. This course is not recommended for advanced orienteers who like certainty.
Thanks to Navigation Games summer interns for creating the courses and hanging the markers!
- Please be respectful of other park users.
- Report any missing controls/QR codes or any other issues to the event director.
- Dogs must be leashed.
- Please scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find them all or just decided to stop) so we know you are off the course.
Get Course Maps
- Download Maps
- Print your map(s).
Time Your Run
- Time yourself (no splits will be captured).
- Use your smartphone to scan a code at each control (requires data connection; may require an app that reads QR codes).
Record Your Time
- Self-timed runners: Record your time for the final results.
- QR-code runners: Your time and splits were automatically recorded by the QRienteering system.
- Current results (both QR- and self-timed).