- Consider volunteering with the event crew! [NB: click the "Pine Bluffs" tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.]
- Members Orienteer Free
- Non-members:$10 adult, $5 juniors (7-21 yrs), < 7 free. Family max of $25.
- Groups: Fee: $20 plus $2 per person. See group information below.
- Parking Fees:Free at this event.
- SI rental ($5)
Payment at event registration table (Paypal, GooglePay, ApplePay, Venmo and credit card accepted). Cash also accepted.
On-site Registration and Payment
- Members with a SI timing device that they have registered with the club should choose a course and then go to the computer table to register.
- Members with a SI device that is not registered with the club, should choose a course and then go to the registration table and scan the registration QR code (volunteers can help).
- Members who want to use QR code for timing: Choose your course and go to registration table to scan the registration QR code.
- Non-members: Register and pay at registration table. You can use QR code timing (need smartphone), your own SI device, or rent a SI device ($5) for timing. Bring a smart phone for registration & timing (if using QR codes). Volunteers can assist you with registering if you don't bring a smart phone.
Timing Device and Compass
- Time yourself by using a SI device or QR codes (with smartphone).
Attention QR-code users: We strongly recommend renting a NEOC timing stick/card, if you don’t already own one. Cell reception at Pine Bluffs ranges from weak to nil. It’s misleadingly strongest at the Start/Finish area, with each carrier having different dead spots once in the woods. (At the 2022 BYOM here, 65% of the orienteers who started QR-code courses did not finish, an indication of the poor cell reception.)
Those who choose to use QR codes anyway should carry a traditional punch card to record the locations where their phone does not connect, and should not therefore expect to view their splits.
- Bring your own compass. If you forgot one, check at the registration desk.
- Bring a whistle with you on the course. Grab one from the event Registration table if you don’t have one.
- Scan the FINISH QR code (even if you didn’t find all the checkpoints or just decided to stop) or check in at the computer station so we know that you are off the course.
- Bring your own water to the event and carry it on the course, if needed.
- Groups must pre-register by Tuesday before the event by contacting the meet director. Maps cannot be guaranteed for unregistered groups.
- Provide information on the anticipated number of participants and if you are bringing a bus or van to the event. Special parking requirements may be required by the venue.
- Loan of compasses and SI-devices are included with group rates.
- Group leaders should pick up maps at the registration table.
- All group participants need to sign a waiver either on-line at in-person registration or in advance).