There will be several activities at today's event:
- White and yellow "regular" courses
- Score course - find as many controls as you can in an hour's time; controls can be taken in any order, so choose your route wisely!
- Check out the 2019 Trail-O National Championships!
- Annual club picnic - hang out after your run and socialize
- NEOC's Annual General Meeting (AGM), with election for the Board of Directors (see below)
Election for Board of Directors
NEOC members will vote to fill five seats on the Board of Directors. Read the candidate statements and voting instructions.
A charcoal grill will be available starting at 12:30. NEOC will provide plates, flatware, cups, punch, and cookies. Bring something for the grill or a prepared dish for yourself and your family, plus a potluck item to share with everyone. If your last name begins with A–M, bring a salad/side dish; last name N–Z, a dessert. Lawn chairs and bug repellent are recommended.
Details on the Trail-O National Championships are on these pages (pre-registration is required to participate). Trail-O is a variant of orienteering focused on precision map reading, which provides an orienteering competition on equal terms for people of all levels of physical ability, including wheelchair users. Competitors follow a trail through the terrain to the controls, where several flags are visible from the trail. The task of participants is to use the map to decide which flag is the correct flag.
There is a parking lot at the end of the road, and several parking areas along the road.
Look for the O-signs.